The April issue has come to an end. Thank you so much reading this month’s Sweden With Love! In case you missed a story:
• Cover Story: Our exclusive interview and photo shoot with Gossip Girl actress Kelly Rutherford was a huge success. Her emotional interview was picked up by numerous outlets, including Life & Style magazine, and her brave words resonated with a wide audience. If you haven’t read it, or seen Elizabeth Messina’s beautiful photographs of Kelly, click here!
• Healthy Treats: This month, Colorado-based photographer Jennifer Little of Sugar Photography made her debut on Sweden With Love. Jennifer — a mom of two kids — styled and photographed a recipe for delicious Ding Dongs. As always, these yummy treats are vegan, gluten free and contain no refined sugars. We look forward to more treats and beautiful photographs from Jennifer next month!
• Simple Joys: FACE Stockholm’s president Martina Arfwidson’s zest for life is contagious. Martina, who runs one of the most successful privately owned beauty companies in the world, has managed to balance motherhood with a demanding career. After she welcomed her two children, she “leaned out” and moved from New York City to an old farm house by the Hudson River. Don’t miss this feature with a woman who lives by her own rules.
• Curated: One of my favorite sections is Sweden With Love‘s online art exhibit. This month, we featured Bay Area film photographer Silvana Di Franco, who has made her name photographing weddings and portraits. For this feature, Silvana traveled to the Mexican Riviera with a bag of film and her Contax 645. Transport yourself to paradise!
• Homes: One of the world’s top fashion designers, BCBG’s Max Azria, opened up his historical Hollywood home for this month’s Home section. I had the privilege to photograph his house myself, and it was one of the most fun — and color crazy! — days of my life. His home is a perfect example of the sky is the limit.
• Creative Crush: With spring finally here, New York’s design team Poppies & Posies show us how to create the perfect flower arrangement. Known for their loose, organic style, Sierra and Juliet will help you welcome spring inside your own home.
• Gutsy!: Ever think of chucking your job and changing careers? CNN veteran Pitty Pilgrim — who spent 25 years traveling the world as a news correspondent and prime time anchor — will show you how she did it. Her gutsy move might inspire you to go for your own, new dream.
If you like this story, please share it! If you love the inspirational quotes, please pin them!