Last weekend, I woke up to chirping birds and yellow spring flowers outside my window. Even though I found a thin layer of morning frost on my car window, I could finally feel spring in the air. To celebrate, I decided to kick off this weekend with a yummy lemon poppy seed muffin. A perfect addition to Sunday brunch, or enjoyed as an afternoon snack, this muffin is also vegan, gluten free and without refined sugars. Have a delicious weekend! • Ulrica Wihlborg
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- • Before squeezing the lemon, roll it on your counter to release the juices. Squeeze it face up to prevent the seeds from dropping into the bowl.
- • Please note that gluten free, vegan baked goods don’t rise as much as conventional baked goods.
This recipe was adapted from Cooktivism.
If you like this story, please share it! If you love the photographs, please pin them!